International Exlibris Congress 2020
The Bookplate Society is organising the 2020 FISAE congress at Cambridge.
Terms and Conditions
This event is planned to run from 10am on Wednesday, 12 August 2020 to 10am on Sunday, 16 August 2020,
and this page gives some basic booking conditions applicable to all
participants. The reason for having to specify such conditions is that arranging this congress involves a significant financial commitment.
We are asking participants to pay a small deposit when making an immediate booking.
Later, shortly after the 2018 congress (in Prague, Czech Republic), we shall request
participants to pay either a further deposit or the balance due.
The timing and amounts will not be known until we finalise terms with the host college.
1. Intending participants should reserve a place as quickly as possible, because reservations will be on a "first come, first reserved" basis.
2. Reservations can be made only by completing the online registration form and immediately paying the deposit without deduction of any bank charges or transfer fees.
3. A deposit of £25 is required for each participant (but not for his/her accompanying spouse/friend).
4. Deposits will be held in a designated bank account, separate from other funds of The Bookplate Society.
5. At the time (not yet decided) that payment of the participation fees and accommodation charges are requested from participants, the deposit will be
deducted from the sum due.
6. Prior to that time, deposits will be refunded in case of illness or other good reason for being unable to attend.
7. If a reservation and payment of the £25 deposit was made in 2016, a participant will receive a 10% reduction in his/her participation
fee (but without similar reduction in the smaller fee for any accompanying spouse/friend).
These conditions cannot yet be stated. They will appear here once arrangements with the host college have been
finalised. Terms will include the following matters:
1. The Bookplate Society will act as agent on behalf of the host college for the collection of accommodation charges.
2. The amounts of the standard participation fee, the accompanying spouse/friend fee, and the accommodation charges will be confirmed nearer the time. Organisers need to
prepare budgets, and they will work to achieve a participation fee that provides best value for money.
3. A date will be set for final registration. If there are late bookings after this, an increased participation fee may apply.
4. The deadline date for payment of the participation fee and accommodation charges, as reduced by the deposit paid, will be announced once terms are agreed with the host
college. Expect this to be payable at least 6 to 12 months before the congress.
5. Non-payment may result in loss of the reservation and of the deposit.
6. Monies paid may not be refundable if a participant or spouse/friend does not come the congress.
7. In respect of the above points 5 and 6, the organisers will hope to be able, but do not engage themselves, to make a refund of such part of the fee and charges
as have either not been incurred or as have been mitigated by the acceptance of participants from the waiting list.
8. There will be various usual provisions concerning insurance, damage, limitation of liability, etc both as regards the organisers and the host college.
9. This congress cannot be loss-making, so the organisers propose to budget for a small surplus, and (as part of the conditions) participants will instruct the
organisers that any eventual surplus is to be paid 50% to Cancer Research UK and 50% to assist in funding The Bookplate Society's project for
developing an online bookplate database.[Logo shown with CRUK's approval].
10. Unlike past congresses, the organisers will publish accounts (unaudited) for the congress.